Tampa businesses and website owners should be using email marketing. Both established companies and newer ones can benefit significantly from email marketing. However, you want to make the most from this dominant form of marketing. This is why we are going to provide you with some great email marketing services hints, and these tips are:
1. Avoid Hard Selling- Too many marketers make the mistake of hard selling in every single email they send out, and this is the last thing you want to do, especially if you have a bunch of new subscribers. What you can do is segment your list, with one record made of old subscribers who have purchased things from you and the other list of brand new subscribers. Do not attempt to sell your new subscribers anything until you have built some rapport with them.
As a general rule of thumb, one out of every 5-6 emails can be sales-related. The bulk of your emails should be informational-based. By doing this, your subscribers will be more inclined to open and read your emails.
2. Personalize Is Important- If you want to get the most from email marketing, then customizing is a must, which can include adding people’s name in the body of the email, as well as on the subject. However, this might not be the best approach to take for all people, so what you can do is segment your email list and then personalize your emails. For example, you can segment your email list via age, purchase history, geography and so forth, and then you can send emails to the different groups.
3. Offer Freebies From Time To Time- One of the best things a business can do is offer freebies, which they can do from time to time. When we say freebies, we don’t mean giving away expensive items or anything of that nature. You can give away things such as discounts, coupons, a free event or software that you offer or an eBook and things of that nature. Think about who your targeted market is and who belongs to your subscribers’ list before you decide what to give for free.
Freebies are effective. By giving away something for free, your subscribers will look forward to your emails or open them more often. This is a win-win for you and your subscriber.
4. Call To Actions- Every single email you send out should have call-to-action, even if you’re not sending out sales-related materials. For example, if you send out an email with general information, then at the end of it you can encourage readers to visit and follow your social media pages. This is a great way to build a massive following on social media, which can provide you with many more benefits.
The call-to-action can include telling people to visit your main website, blog or brick-and-mortar store in Tampa. These are only a few examples of what kind of call-to-action to include in your emails. Whatever you do, just make sure you include one. You could get more information from Search Engine Optimization Naples FL.
5. Subject Lines Matter- Your subject lines are relevant because this is the first thing people see when they receive emails. Write accurate and catchy email headlines because this will improve your open rate. As previously mentioned, consider personalizing the headlines so that each person’s name appears in it. Also, do split-testing, which allows you to send out emails with one caption to one part of your email list and a different headline but the same email to a different part of your email list.
For example, if you have 1,000 people on your email list, then segment your list. Place 500 people in one file and the other 500 in another. Create your email, but two different subject lines and then send out your email. You will then be able to tell which headline was the most eye-catching.
6. Make Text Easy To Understand And Read- Do not underestimate the power of making your text easy to read and understand. Keep your paragraphs short and use headlines if you have to and get straight to the point. You don’t want to make your emails any longer than necessary because people may lose interest in it very quickly and they may even unsubscribe from your list.
7. Use Social Media- That’s right, use social media because it’s a great way to grow your email list and more and more marketers quickly, and business owners realize this. Focus on increasing your social media presence and now and then tell people to go and join your email list. If you want to grow your list quickly, then offer some incentive. If possible, feel free to advertise with PPC ads because this is another right way to build an email list and get new subscribers.
8. Don’t Send Too Many Emails- Do not send too many emails because your subscribers will eventually get sick of this and unsubscribe. As a rule of thumb, sending out 3-4 emails per week should be plenty, and only one of those emails should be involved marketing your products, services or whatever else you are offering. However, if you are generating new leads regularly, then feel free to send 3-4 emails per week to your old subscribers and 1-2 per week to your newer ones.
9. Mobile Friendly Content- This is a simple tip, but a must. Make your emails mobile-friendly because more and more people use their mobile phones to check their emails. If they cannot read your email via their phone, then they will unsubscribe. Lucky for you, there are many ways to make sure mobile users can read your emails.
The above email marketing tips are only a few of the many that Tampa business owners can use. Feel free to research other tips and advice, and feel free to consult with a professional that offers email marketing services. Building an email list can take time and creativity and if you need help, then go ahead and hire a professional.